Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Aaron in September

Aaron's first faux-hawk in the tub! I was excited he had enough hair to do something with!


Aaron loves to build towers with anything and is constantly raiding the pantry for cans to build towers with.  He's dropped a few on toes and fingers, but they are his favorite building blocks!

 We start 'em young on the piano around here!  Aaron loves to play the piano with or without an adult.
 Abby wanted to play Yahtzee Jr one morning, and Aaron LOVED shaking the dice in the cup.  He was really cute about it and did fairly well taking turns.  I think he actually ended up winning our game, but don't tell Abby!
 The next day, on September 11, Aaron amazed me by balancing while standing for a minute or so. He was very proud of himself, as you can see!
 Aaron likes to play with our fridge farm with Farmer Tad.  He pushes the button until he gets a song he likes and then dances away.  He was bouncing while holding onto the fridge. 
 The night of September 23, Aaron didn't sleep much.  He would cry if I tried to set him in his crib and he had a 100 degree fever on ibuprofen, so Brett and I took shifts sitting with him in the rocking chair for the last several hours of the night.  I knew something was wrong because Aaron usually loves to sleep in his crib.  I got a doctor appointment for later that morning and found out he had an ear infection and an eye infection.  Poor buddy!

 After 24 hours on the antibiotic, he was feeling much better but his eye was still pretty swollen.  The doctor was most concerned about the eye, so we watched it closely.  It never got any worse that second day.
 And by the third day, he felt and looked like himself!  How grateful I am for medicine!


No comments: