Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Very Own Piano!

I've dreamed of having a piano for quite sometime.  We "stored" my friend Krista's for a few years while they were in an apartment that was too small (and for a year after they bought their house because they are really nice).  It was great to have a piano to play, but it was really old, some keys didn't work, and it wasn't really our's. 

So I started my "piano fund" and saved the $40 I got every month teaching piano lessons.  Then Brett got a bonus and donated half of it to the piano fund.  We went on an anniversary date to look at pianos and I fell in love with one, but it was over $2000, and I definitely didn't have that in my piano fund! :)  After talking with friends we trust, we opted to buy a used piano.  (It's  not like they wear out after a few years, after all.)  Brett's mom knew we were looking, so when she got an e-mail from a friend who's friend was selling her piano, she forwarded it to me.  I liked the picture and the price, so I called and put my dibs on it.  This was the middle of June.  We went to look at it as a family the end of June and then tried to coordinate her schedule, our schedule, and my parents' schedule so we could move it using my parents' trailer.  It was so crazy!  In the end we decided to hire movers to do it.  It would save everyone's backs and ensure the safety of the piano. 

Our piano finally arrived on Aug. 8, and we couldn't be happier!
Emmy immediately set her piano music on it and got to work decorating the top of it.  It sure is great to have a piano of our own!

1 comment:

Merilee said...

Yay! How exciting to have your own piano!:)