Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Post-Alaska

We were very excited to see the kids after being away from them for 8 days!  Brett's mom picked us up from the airport while Nate and Laura stayed with the kids at her house.  On the way home, Janice told us a few funny stories (that I already wrote down here so I wouldn't forget them).  The kids were on a walk to the neighbor's house when we pulled in, but they came over as soon as they saw us.  Abby and Emmy were excited to see us - especially when we told them we had presents for them. :)  Abby had missed me quite a bit and was very glad to have me back.  I didn't know what to expect from Aaron.  Would he be overjoyed to see me? Would he be mad at me for leaving him?  Neither.  He came to me when I held out my arms for him and then just acted...normal.  It was nice to be back with my little family.  Although I was surprised at just how noisy it was!

As we were driving home, we saw a double rainbow, and I couldn't help thinking about the promise of the rainbow.  Were we promising to never leave our kids for that long again? :)


We got the kids t-shirts from Alaska, and the girls' shirts glow in the dark.  This is the only time all three of them wore them on the same day, and it's the best picture I could get. At least the girls' hair is done!

No comments: