Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Of Trains and Tents

Brett loves to have adventures with Emmy. In fact, when I was in the Primary presidency and had meetings in the evenings, I would be surprised everytime I came home. What has he put her in tonight? They would always have a story to share or something to show me. Their favorite activities included making tents and riding in trains.
(These were taking in September when Emmy was almost 5 months old. She loved to be under a blanket with Daddy. She'd whisper and kick her legs with excitement!)
As you can imagine, it was no surprise when Emmy found a laundry basket a few days ago and tried to crawl in it. She was so happy to get to play in it while I vacuumed.
And as of Thursday, we now have a new, very special place in our house. It is a tent that stays put without anyone holding it up! It is definitely the favorite place to play!
Brett says making trains and tents is an Okelberry family thing. His siblings proved it to me when they put Emmy in the toy bin at Nana and Grandpa's house and pulled her around in her "train." I guess it's a tradition that will continue to be passed down by our little train and tent lover!

No comments: