Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Swimming

I bought a pool at WalMart yesterday. Emmy just loves the water and being outside; I figured, why not combine them? Plus, it will help her get ready for Bear Lake. So, I spent 10 bucks and bought a really cute pool.

She does, in fact, love it! She was trying to crawl in while Brett and I blew it up last night (by mouth since we don't have a pump...so many things to buy!) We put a little bit of water in it and let her splash some last night (and counted it as her bath since bedtime was quickly approaching). Then I filled it up before our walk this morning and let it sit in the sun. She played a bit after our walk, but she was a little hesitant about the cold water.


In the afternoon when we went out, the water was warm! I wanted to climb in, too! This time, I also gave her toys to play with - her crocs, a ball, and a plastic flower toy. She had to qualms about getting wet this time!

We played with the hose and the "wather" (her new word for water which was previously known as "wa-wa"). She ended up as one wet baby! Luckily her swim shirt is made to dry fast and her shorts that came with another outfit actually dry even faster. I guess this tells us what to bring to Bear Lake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We went wading in Lake Sammamish up here in Redmond and Sarah dived right in with her clothes all on. Looks like Emmy's got the right idea. Have fun at Bear Lake and I'm jealous cuz I love that place :)

Julie and Matt said...

How fun! She is so funny and is getting smarter everyday. we can't wait to see you this weekend.