Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gifts

Last night for FHE, Brett taught a lesson about giving gifts of service to Jesus for his birthday. When asked what Jesus would want for his birthday, Emmy replied, "I not know. Mary knows! I'll call her." And she did just that! "Hello? Mary? What Baby Jesus want for his birthday....baby toys? Okay!" When we insisted that Jesus wants us to be nice to others and cited Mosiah 2:17, she was not convinced. But we all drew pictures of what we would do to serve others throughout the next year as our gifts to Jesus. I drew that I would be a better visiting teacher; Brett drew that he would play with Emmy while I rested (GREAT idea!) and attend the temple more often; Emmy drew "a beautiful picture for Baby Jesus." And then we put the papers in our special box just for such a purpose (after cleaning out several random toys - we keep the box where we can see it throughout the year, but perhaps it needs to be a bit higher!).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cool idea! I think I may just steal that one:) I have a gift box we place under the tree every year from Jesus. Inside is a note from Him saying that his gift to us is eternal life, but I really like this idea and the idea of keeping the box year round too. I think I have my family home evening lesson for next week:)

Jenelle said...

That's a great idea, Becca! I'll have to do that next year when Madi is old enough to do it too!