Yesterday was the long-anticipated day of getting Brett's cast off. We had told Emmy it would happen after Christmas, so when we were driving to Brett's parents' house on Christmas afternoon, she asked, "Now Daddy gonna get off his cast?" We told her we had to wait just a few more days.
And he did get the cast off...only to have to put the boot back on and head to an orthopedic surgeon! The x-ray they took after taking the cast off showed that the fractures had only gotten worse instead of better. The doctor felt like it was worth a try to see if it would heal on its own in a cast, but we feel like we've wasted 6 weeks of our lives!!!
We met with the surgeon today and we're scheduled for surgery on Thursday. Brett is NOT looking forward to it, and we'd appreciate any and all prayers on his behalf. Needles are so not his thing, and surgery is always at least a little scary. We are hoping his foot will feel better when the bone is screwed to a metal plate. (Doesn't that sound all nice and comfy?) The surgeon said it will take some time to heal after the surgery, especially since it's been broken for 7 weeks, but he should be able to walk on it in 4 weeks.
Now we're trying to figure out how he's going to get to work in Murray on Monday (if he's up for it). (Oh, yeah. I forgot to post that he got the job in Murray! He is really excited for it since it's just what he wanted to do, and he gets along well with his immediate boss.) The company cares a lot about their employees, so they are very willing to work with Brett as he tries to get his foot healed. I just wish we could find someone he could carpool with (aka mooch off of for the next 4 weeks) so I don't have to drive him to and from work each day. We'll see how things go. We may just move in with his parents for a few weeks so the commute isn't nearly as far. And we thought this trial was over... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Becca, I drive to Murray for work everyday. When does he need to be to work?
you can emial me or call me :)
shelley.dancer4@gmail.com
8016647074
I'm so sorry to hear that he needs surgery! I am sure he will come out great and on the road to recovery soon. My husband has plates and screws in his ankle too. I will keep you all in my prayers. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. You are such a great example to me and I really enjoy reading your blog. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one going through rough times. Know that I am thinking about you! Luvs!
Yuck! That stinks! I'll be praying for you!!! Congrats on the job!!!
Oh No! So sorry to hear that, but very happy to hear he has a good job. Let me help with Emmy sometime :)
Wish I could be of some help, but Ohio is too much of a daily commute. Ask around in your ward to see, I am sure you could find someone. Let me know what time he has to be in as I have a few friends in the area who might be able to help off and on.
Post a Comment