Last Sunday, I read a couple of stories from the Friend to Emmy. As I read about a little boy who gave just the right gifts to a family in need, I started to choke up. It was all I could do to make it through the story! It was a neat story, but definitely not tear-worthy! Brett could hear me upstairs, and as we were all laughing about my crazy pregnant emotions afterward, Emmy was a little concerned that I had been crying. So Brett explained to her that sometimes when mommies have a baby in their tummy they cry but it's happy tears and Mommy is okay. She seemed to accept this answer, and we all moved on.
That afternoon, Brett read some stories from the Friend to Emmy while I was at choir practice. Her eye was tearing a little like it had something in it, so Brett asked her if her eye was okay. She looked up at him and said, "My got a baby in my tummy and it make me cry a little."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So sweet.... cute little girl.
Oh too cute! Pregnancy hormones do throw you for a loop!
That's so cute. What a sweetheart. She wants to be just like mommy!
How cute. That is a great story, glad you posted it :)
That is absolutely precious!
Post a Comment