All you need to know about me from A to Z
A--Attached or Single: Attached to Brett!
B--Best Friend: Shannon
C--Cake or Pie: Chocolate pie in a graham cracker crust, but really it's cookies :)
D--Day of Choice: Thursday because we have play group and usually no meetings in the evening
E--Essential Item: diaper bag - it has everything in it to face any situation
F--Favorite Color: yellow - happy and cheerful
G--Greatest Accomplishment: climbing Mt Fuji (all the way to the top!) Brett says I should put raising Emmy, which is an ongoing accomplishment
H--Hometown: Orem, UT
I--Indulgences: naps
J--January or July: January - not a hot summer fan
K--Kids: Emmy (almost 2!)
L--Life is incomplete without: my family
M--Marriage Date: May 25, 2005 (5/25/2005 it was on purpose)
N--Number of Siblings: 4 (3 brothers, 1 sister) plus 5 brothers-in-law and 2 sisters-in-law
O--Oranges or Apples: apples
P--Phobias: enclosed spaces with leaky pipes and crazy people
Q--Quotes: I saw this poem in a neighbor's house and fell in love with it. I think all you mothers will enjoy it too.
Excuse This House
Author: Unknown
Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges are on the doors
I should apologize, I guess
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with my child
And we played and laughed and read
And if the doorbell doesn’t shine,
Her eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I’m forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I’d like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I’ll be a mother.
R--Reasons to Smile: a sweet husband, Emmy's kisses, and the fun words and phrases Emmy picks up and tries to sayThat children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges are on the doors
I should apologize, I guess
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with my child
And we played and laughed and read
And if the doorbell doesn’t shine,
Her eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I’m forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I’d like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I’ll be a mother.
S--Singer/Songwriter: ? Brett's the music lover; I just listen to churchy music when left by myself.
T--Tag 5 Friends: I'll tag Julie, Devri, Jenelle, Amy, and Krista (you need to get a blog!)
U--Unknown fact about me: I get ready for bed every night in the dark so my eyes will adjust to the dark so I can check on Emmy (and it gets me ready to sleep)
V--Very favorite stores: currently Shade clothing
W--Worst habit: Brett says it's trying to plan things I can't plan (and I agree; it's hard being a mom and not being in control of EVERYTHING! Heavenly Father teaches me patience constantly.)
X--X-ray or Ultra Sound: Ultra sound, it's much more exciting
Y--Your favorite food: Wingers Sticky Finger Wrap - yummy!
Z--Zodiac: I honestly don't know
4 comments:
I love that poem! Oh, and we check on Annabelle every night before going to bed, and it IS hard to see. Maybe I should try getting ready in the dark! =)
Wow! Mt. Fuji! You'll have to tell that story.
Kyle was born on May 25, 2005 at 5:15 am and weighed 8 lbs 5 oz. (None of that was planned - he was a week late.) Nice way to remember things! Oh, and he's the 5th member of our family. We say that 5 must be his lucky number. What a great day! :)
This was fun to read. I'm with you on the fear of crazy people! And Wingers Sticky Finger Wrap IS the best! Loved the poem- so true. Thanks for the tag, it will be fun!
Am I the Amy? I love the mom poem. I hope to be one that can balance out my neat freak with playing with my kids. Doug and I just went to Wingers tonight. I couldn't decide what to get. I should have read your blog first. I will have to try that next time!
Post a Comment