Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A real haircut

I finally called our neighbor and set up a time to get Emmy's hair cut. It was getting so long, and I thought it would look better if it were evened up a bit. We've trimmed it a few times, but I was not about to attempt cutting all her hair by myself. She moves way too much!
So here are some before pictures. (She had just woken up from a nap, so she looks a little zoned.)

These don't show it well, but her top hair was so long and would fall straight forward and cover her eyes. So our neighbor trimmed the top and layered it into her bangs so it doesn't cover her whole face when it falls down, yet it will still be long enough for pigtails and fun hairstyles. It's so cute!And this picture is what I discovered last evening as I was getting her ready for bed. I went out for a minute and came back to see this. She took all the clothes out of her laundry basket and put them inside the barstool. She told me it was the washing machine. At least she knows how doing laundry is supposed to work; it's just getting the clothes downstairs into the actual washing machine!
And another Emmy moment that cracked me up. We were making pizza tonight, and I gave Emmy some pepperoni. When she came back a few minutes later, I gave her another piece. She looked at it and said, "More testimony! Thank you!" Good word; very wrong application...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of kids copying mommy...Rebecca had a tummy ache tonight and said she must have a "sister" in her tummy because it was sore.

She got that from not being allowed to squeeze or poke mommy's tummy too hard because it will "hurt the sister."

Julie and Matt said...

Super cute hair cut and I love the testimony pizza!
We can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Jenelle said...

Her hair looks so cute! I love the "washing machine" and the pizza story. She's a crack up!

Christy said...

I love her hair! I really need to invest in getting Hailey's hair cut. I don't mind doing it but it always lays better when someone who knows what they are doing does it. I love it!

Amy Anderson said...

Cute! I love the haircut!