When I was in third grade, we learned about the words fortunately and unfortunately. Apparently my teacher wanted to make sure we really knew the meaning of these words, so we wrote stories with a partner that used them alternating. (I think there's a book about a man going to a party, and he takes an airplane, his parachute breaks, etc.) So I feel like this week has been a fortunately/unfortunately week for me. Here's a little of how it went:
Fortunately, Brett's mom sent me a white bread recipe to try since Brett doesn't like wheat bread.
Unfortunately, I didn't half the flour and the dough was really dry by the time I realized it.
F: I added an egg and it seemed to be fine.
U: When I cut into it the next morning there was a big hole surrounded by dough in the middle of the bread. All that was left was the crust. It was not salvageable. I was bummed.
F: I was able to make bread the next day that had the correct amount of flour and was baked longer. It was very tasty.
U: At the end of my presidency meeting (the next day), it dawned on me that it was Feb 18 and I was supposed to be at the cannery doing tomato soup. I almost died! They are really strict at the cannery and if you don't show up two times you are black listed and can't sign up for anymore shifts. And I love their tomato soup! And Julie was buying a case from me, so she was counting on me too. I just didn't realize that it had gotten to be Feb 18 so quickly. I seriously was planning to go next week. :)
F: I had lots of offers from the other presidency members to watch Emmy and even let me take a car so I could get there. I decided to hurry home and call and see what I could do.
U: In my haste to get home, I failed to notice the lip of the asphalt that was too tall for my stroller to get over at the bottom of the driveway. The front wheels got stuck on it and the whole stroller flipped forward, sending me rolling across the road. I expected to roll the stroller forward and find a very banged up, bloody Emmy. Especially since (mother of the year award nominations coming right now, I feel it!) Emmy was NOT BUCKLED IN!!! (We were in a hurry, remember?)
F: (and this is a BIG blessing) Emmy was just fine. Her face was a little messy from laying on the wet, dirty road, but she was totally unharmed! I said a silent prayer of thanks and we continued to hurry (more carefully) home.
U: Our garage door keypad hasn't been working, so we had to go through the front door and then carry the stroller through the house into the garage. (It's been an unfortunate thing for a couple of weeks now.)
F: I called the Cannery, and the lady was really nice. She said the had an opening the next afternoon if I could come then. I didn't even look at my calendar; I figured I would move other things around to make it work. YAY!!!
So there's the happy ending to a crazy couple of days! In other news, we had a stake RS women's conference this morning which was so great! I got to sing in the choir and also sing in a trio. The trio sang "How Will They Know" from the Children's Songbook. It is such a pretty song, and I sang second soprano which is always an adventure. I practiced quite a bit at my mom's house, and I think it turned out really nice. But I am certainly wishing for a piano! Someday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your week of adventures:) It's good to know that I'm not the only one forgetting things! I'm glad the cannery worked out too.
I really enjoy your posts.
I think that is a creative way to speak of a interesting week. Sometimes it seems every week is full of the Unfortunately/Fortunately phases.
Wow what a week! I love the Fortunately/Unfortunately method of telling it! :-)
Post a Comment