Today was a little crazy schedule-wise for church. Abby and Aaron were definitely too sick to go to church, and when Emmy woke up she said she had a stuffy nose and sore throat. Brett needed to be at church before and after Sacrament Meeting as well as after church so he could be available to set up appointments for the Bishop. (He fills most of the Bishop's afternoon with appointments people ask for at church.) I needed to be there to teach singing time for junior and senior primary. It involved quite a bit of running back and forth, but we managed to be there for what we needed to be there for.
During my hour at church, I taught the children a new (to them) song called, "I am Thankful to Be Me" and we sang some songs from previous years as they pulled feathers off a turkey cut-out. I try to bear my testimony at the end of singing time each week; it helps me stay Gospel-focused instead of just playing games. As I bore my testimony to senior primary, I told them there is always something to be grateful for. When I said that, I felt a witness of the Spirit that it was true!
The past few weeks have been a little challenging with a broken washing machine, a dripping pipe inside a wall (we haven't figured out that one yet, but we were able to turn off the cold water to the kids' tub and that stopped the dripping noise), and sick kids. But, you know what, I still have so much to be grateful for! Brett has a great job, no one has any broken bones, we have a beautiful house in a great neighborhood, and we have friends and family who love us and take care of us.
When I texted the presidency member doing sharing time today to let her know about our crazy church/kid-swapping, she texted right back and asked if she could bring dinner. I told her it wasn't necessary and that we'd be just fine, but she insisted. It was such a blessing to not have to worry about dinner preparations this afternoon. Instead, I could focus on my children (the sick ones and the one who is feeling neglected because the sick ones require so much attention) and I even got a little nap to make up for getting up every 2 hours last night with Aaron.
There is always something to be grateful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A friend of mine used to say, "Well, at least no one is shooting at us!" It made me laugh at how crazy it sounded, but really there is always something to be grateful for. I always think of that when I'm feeling down now.
Sorry Becca, we too have sick kiddos and it is the worst :( And dito that babies shouldn't be allowed to get sick... It is so sad
Post a Comment