Okelberry Family

Okelberry Family

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just Too Cute

These are some photos I've taken over the past few days that are just too cute not to share!

Brett's co-worker, Amber, gave us this darling robe along with a towel and washcloths right after we had Aaron.  She made Brett promise we'd send a picture when he was big enough to wear the robe.  Well, he's big enough!  (Imagine that!)


He sure loves those fingers!  The only time he isn't sucking on them is when I swaddle him for sleeping.  He even tries to suck on fingers while he's nursing!  (It really doesn't work well.)

 I propped Aaron up in my bed with a pillow and the Boppy while I was getting ready this morning.  Then I covered him with the blankets so he wouldn't get cold.  Brett saw him and asked wear his magazine was, so I grabbed a copy of the Ensign from next to the bed and he was set for a cozy morning of reading!

 And I can't leave out the girls...

We are putting together a Christmas gift for my brother who is in Afghanistan.  Since we don't want to give him stuff that he has to drag around, we are giving him dates with our kids when he comes back.  This may sound like asking him to babysit and calling it a gift to him, but for Garratt spending time with his nieces and nephews is the best thing in the world.  He is seriously the best uncle ever!  (No offense to the other uncles, but he does give the most undivided attention to the kids.)  Anyway, the girls decided what they wanted to do with Uncle Garratt next summer (Cowabunga Bay for Emmy and the AF pool for Abby) then I printed the logos (and then colored them since our color ink is gone).  I took pictures of each kid holding their logo and then we plan to print the pictures, write letters, and mail them so they get there in time for Christmas. 

The taking of the pictures produced some great outtakes.

Abby studying the back of the paper:
 Excited face!
 Emmy just gave sweet smiles (and a few overly-excited ones, too).  I love that beautiful face!

And a cute, chubby grin from Aaron:
 While Aaron looks like he would love a date to Wingers, that one is actually a family date.  (Who would want to miss out on Wingers?!?!)  He will be 9-10 months old when Garratt comes home, so we weren't sure how much fun he'd be on a one-on-one date.  But he sure is cute model!


No comments: