Emmy loves to sew. Her fine motor skills amaze me, and she has a fair amount of patience as well. My mom is an AMAZING seamstress, and she taught me quite a bit. She would tell people I sewed on my first button at age 4, and people would be amazed. Emmy is passing me up, though. She's becoming a full-on seamstress at age 5!
Later that evening, I put on handles so it would be ready for the party the next day. Abby loves that little bag and stores a piece of candy in it, insisting it's for her baby.
Last week, my mom was putting a Christmas package together for my brother who is in Afghanistan. She wanted to put in a little stocking, and Emmy was so excited to help make one. She sewed all around it in white yarn.
I'm sure it will mean even more to him, knowing that his sweet niece made it for him!
I am especially grateful for my mom who has the patience (and makes the time) to help Emmy with projects like this. Emmy loves it and is always so proud of her creations!
1 comment:
I've been catching up on your blog. You've had a lot going on and you are so good at keeping your blog up to date. I love how cute your kids are. My favorite story is Emmy telling you that she understands that you are trying to keep her safe. She is so thoughtful and wise beyond her years. Her sewing is fabulous too:)
Post a Comment