Emmy came home from school with a coupon for Hee Haw Farms in the middle of October, and the girls got so excited when I told them what Hee Haw Farms had to offer that we set a family date.
Riding a pony was first on both girls' lists. It cost an extra dollar each, but the sheer excitement on their faces was worth it.
Brett convinced us to watch the pig chasing, and Emmy was eager to get in on the action! She actually got a piglet cornered and gave it a hug, but the guy in charge didn't see her and she wasn't loud about it, so she didn't get a prize (which was okay with her).
The Corn Box was a huge hit! Both girls LOVED playing in it.
They both giggled when they discovered how much corn had come home in their pockets and even their undies. (How they didn't notice that on the ride home, I don't know.)
So when Abby pointed out a plant growing up through the hole in the side of our sink (that keeps it from overflowing if it's plugged), I suspected someone had dropped a corn kernel in there.
I tried taking off the P-trap, figuring it had gotten caught in there, but it was pretty clean. When Grandpa came to take a look at our washer, he got out his needle nose pliers and pulled out this:
Emmy immediately went outside to gather dirt in an old yogurt container and replanted it. That girl is obsessed with seeds and plants.
And this picture is just too cute to not post. Emmy was very curious about everything Grandpa was doing and got right down on her belly next to him and even held her own flashlight!
As for a washer update, I called a parts place yesterday and the super nice man suggested we try to clean out the drain filter before we spend money buying a new motor control board. My dad got the drain out and it was, in fact, quite plugged (with two pieces of old sheets I was using for diaper liners when I used cloth diapers with Abby (I am using cloth diapers with Aaron now but only part time and not right now because I don't have a washer to wash them in!)). He put it all back together (quite a feat) and we crossed our fingers and ran a rinse cycle...and it still didn't spin. But at least we have a clean drain filter, so it will work even better once we get a new motor control board (which super nice man will sell us for $170 which sounds ever so much nicer than $620!) What a blessing it is to have a dad who can fix everything and lives close enough to do it! We are spoiled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pony rides are the greatest for little girls. And, I never knew corn would grow so well in a pipe!
What a relief that your washer is in the process of getting fixed (at a much lower price!). We had a sock stuck in our pump motor last year and it wouldn't spin. I'm thankful that was all it was. Hope it's up and running again soon!
Good luck getting your washing machine fixed. Having a handyman around is handy! Hurrah for your dad!
Post a Comment