I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to try doing
NaBloPoMo this November, and then all of a sudden, it’s November and I’ve
already missed a day! Whoops! (Thanks, Nancy, for reminding me about it!) So I’ll do two posts today to make up for
yesterday. (And we'll count my Halloween post for the first...I'm not very good at this, am I?)
Abby is at that fun age when she is constantly saying things
that are hilarious. I have started
writing them down so I’ll remember to tell Brett, so here are my most recent
reasons to smile:
Abby adores Aaron and loves to help take care of him. One morning, he woke up pretty grumpy from a
nap. As I was changing his diaper, Abby
told me, “Aaron need me. My holda him?” So she sat down in the rocking chair and
instructed me to put him on her shoulder.
Now, you have to realize that Aaron is a big baby, and Abby’s torso is about 8 inches
long when she’s sitting down. I got him
settled as well as I could, though. She
proceeded to talk to him so sweetly. “Are
you feeling sad, baby? It otay, Abby
here.” Then she told me Aaron needed to
burp, so I handed her the receiving blanket I keep by the crib for such purposes.
(Blankets catch a lot more than burp
cloths.) But she told me she needed the
blue burp cloth from the shelf. Once she
had it in place under his chin, she then coached him in a grunty voice, “Buuurrrrp. Buuurrrrp.”
After she was done helping him burp, she wanted to find her
beloved blanket. I told her it was just
in the other room and she could get it herself.
“Help me!” she whined. “You can
do it,” I insisted. “Help me finda
way. Teach me alla my mus do to ‘ive wi’
him ‘omeday,” she said right back. It’s
hard to refuse when your 2 year old quotes Primary songs to you!
One more about Abby:
Abby: My baby want a treat.
Me: Really? Can your baby have treats?
Abby: Her eat a good dinner. It otay her have a treat.
Me: Do you want a treat?
Abby (with a sheepish grin): Yeah. Aaron want a treat, too!
Me: Aaron can't have treats yet, remember?
Abby (to Aaron): You eat your mommy milk all gone, then you have a treat!
Emmy and Abby have created a secret club in our hall linen closet. There is only a space about 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep (where the vacuum is supposed to go), but they are loving their secret club! On Thursday evening they spent about an hour decorating it, stocking it with craft supplies, hanging up Emmy's flashlight for a light, and having club meetings. It was so cute to listen to from the other room, and they were getting along so marvelously! (And hearing Abby say "etret tub" is absolutely hilarious!)
It brought back memories from my childhood of when my two older brothers and older sisters created a secret club in the coat closet of our old house. I was three and desperately wanted to be included, but I was "too little." Knowing I couldn't say my r's, they told me the password was "Radio Romance" ( song by Tiffany, my sister's favorite singer at the time, I believe). I said, "Wadio Womance" so many times, but they still wouldn't let me in!
I was joking with Brett that the girls couldn't do the same thing with their password because neither of them can say their r's! When Aaron started to get fussy, I carried him into the hall and told them he wanted to be part of the club, too. "What's the password?" I asked. "Ummm. Ugh!" Emmy grunted, knowing it was something Aaron could say. I thought it was super cute that they wanted to include him, and it warmed my little-sister-heart. Emmy even held Aaron so he could be a true part of the club while they closed the door for a few seconds. He didn't seem to impressed, but I hope they'll still include him when he cares!
1 comment:
Hurrah for NaBloPoMo! :)
And double hurrah for funny children! Etret tub might just enter my vocabulary...
Post a Comment